What is Ativan?
Ativan is a Benzodiazepine group of drugs that are often termed as psychoactive drugs. These drugs help in affecting the chemicals inside a human mind that is disturbed. People suffer from anxiety due to this unbalanced activity of the brain. Ativan is also termed as a tranquilizing medication in the United States. The generic version for Ativan is Lorazepam. It is a bit lower in price as compared to Ativan, which is a brand drug.
The use of Ativan is to manage disorders like anxiety and its symptoms. Sometimes, a health expert may prescribe Ativan as a treatment for insomnia (sleeping disorder) or a seizure problem. People may also take this drug for other uses that are not mentioned here.
What is the use of Ativan 2mg?
People can use Ativan in two forms – tablets and injections. The tablet form of Ativan comes in different dosages. They are – 0.5mg, 1mg, 2mg, or so. These doses are prescribed in compliance with the physical and mental health of the person. Also, the severity of the person’s situation defines the amount of drug he/she should be taking in a single day.
Ativan 2mg is a standard dose of the drug that is prescribed by your doctor. Patients who are older adults or have a physical condition can buy Ativan 2mg online. This dose can be maximized depending on the state of the patient.
Side effects of Ativan –
Although the FDA has approved Ativan for the use of anxiety treatment, it doesn’t mean you can take the drug without a prescription. Apart from the purposes mentioned above, any off-label use of Ativan may cause harm to your health. Thus, it is essential that you take Ativan after taking consultation from your health expert.
The side effects of Ativan are –
- Weakness in the body
- Confusion in the mind
- Lack of coordination
Harmful or severe side effects of Ativan are –
- Slowed breathing
- Respiratory issues
- Body aches
- Muscle weakness
- Heavy sweating
- Allergic reactions such as hives
- Trouble in breathing
- Rapid heartbeat
- Mood swings
- Suicidal thoughts
When any of these or other severe side effects occur, report it immediately to your doctor so that proper aid can be given to you on time. Avoiding them may result in life-threatening health issues.
Things to be avoided while taking Ativan –
Following things should be avoided while taking Ativan –
- You should not take Ativan if you have been suffering from a severe health issue. Such as – problems related to heart, kidney, liver, or other internal organs.
- The use of Ativan should not be considered while you are on a daily intake of some other drug.
- The use of Ativan is not approved for patients below the age of 18.
- A person who is allergic to Benzodiazepine drugs should not be taking Ativan.
- Do not take Ativan along with alcohol as it can increase the effect of the drug and make you feel dizzier.
- Do not overdose on the use of Ativan. Doing so will affect your physical and mental dependence on the drug.